Monday, August 21, 2017

Today's Workout: Chest

Today's workout consisted only of chest. For the better part of my lifting career I used a single body part 5-6 day split i.e. chest, back, legs, shoulders, arms, legs. But for probably the last 6 months I have just been training instinctively (basically deciding based on if anything is bothering me, I just skip it). For the most part, I have been training probably a couple body parts a day in my split lately. Here is today's chest workout:

15 minute treadmill walk (warm up)

Standard Push Ups: 3 sets x 20 reps (warm up)

Incline dumbbell chest press: 4 sets x 15/12/8/10 reps

Incline dumbbell flyes: 2 sets x 15 reps

Free Motion Seated Cable Flyes: 3 sets x approx. 15-20 reps

Machine Seated Dips: 2 sets x 20 reps

Again, right now as I am dealing with various injuries, I am not training for growth/strenght; this means I am using much lighter weight than usual, for higher reps, and simply just to keep my muscles acclimated to training. That way, when I get around to being able to push hard again, I won't feel like I am completely starting from scratch.

p.s., for online/email training program and pricing information, inquire through my website, or direct email!


Train hard, and enjoy the journey! 

Lee Dremel
lee.dremel@gmail.com
40fitnessfixes.com
instagram.com/leedremelfitness
facebook.com/leedremelfitness

No comments:

Post a Comment