Sunday, August 15, 2010

My first post and ethical duty to inform

This being my first post to my blog, naturally I wanted to hit the gates running and begin offering up invaluable fitness & nutrition advice. However, before I am able to do so, I must state my disclaimer, as it is my ethical duty to do so. I am not, I repeat NOT, a licensed or certified Dietitian or Nutritionist in any way...on paper that is. My paper certification(s)/degree(s) come in the form of a B.S. in Behavioral, Social, & Health Sciences from the University of Central Florida, a Certification in Fitness Training from ISSA, a CPR/AED certification from the American Red Cross, and a Certification in Kinetic Anatomy from DSW.

While certifications and degrees are great on paper, the education received from a book, taking tests, etc., will never amount to the knowledge gained by actual real world experience. This goes back to my previous statement that I am not a certified Dietitian or Nutritionist on paper. Many of these "professionals" do not in fact apply their book knowledge to real world experiences. I have been immersed in the fitness and nutrition arena for at least 15 years, if not more. I grew up in a household that consumed organic/all natural foods before they were mainstream. I know what it takes nutritionally to lose fat and gain lean muscle, plain and simple. I know what it takes to manipulate a slow metabolism into burning stored fat, so the body can slim down. I know what it takes because as a fitness trainer, I have applied these techniques to myself and my clients.

Now that I have that out of the way, we can move on to all things fitness and nutrition. I will be routinely blogging on anything and everything one could hope to learn about exercise and healthy eating. If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to ask and I will most certainly address them! Thanks for tuning in to this blog, and remember to visit my training website ElectricFitness.Net to schedule a consultation, training appointment, or subscribe for monthly unlimited access to me privately via email, with any fitness or nutrition related questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment